“I have an affection for a great city. I feel safe in the neighborhood of man, and enjoy the sweet security of the streets." -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Monday, January 25, 2010

A Much Needed Trip..... with Liza the Dog.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to get to "travel" to the BIG CITY. That is right, I got in my car, drove about 2 hours, and arrived in Atlanta with the Liza dog in tow. Liza loves car rides... and I am not just saying that because we drive so much. Really, she loves to ride in the car. She places her hind legs on the back seat and her front legs on the arm rest thingy that also stores stuff (what do you call that thing?). She loves to look. For the entire 2 hours that it took us to get from Montgomery to ATL, she stood up, looked at the cars we passed, occasionally barked, and wagged her little tail feather the entire way.

When we arrived in Atlanta, I got to see some wonderful friends that I had not seen in quite awhile. I will tell you, friends are good for the soul, they really are. It did me a worlds of good to see some of these familiar faces. We chatted about struggles, life, joys, and the future. I am telling you.... it was W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L!!! We ate at "The Grove" which has basically the best wings in the world and sweet potato fries to die for! None of this is healthy (or weight watchers approved) but it was so yummy. Very much like the good ole' days when I lived in Atlanta.

What a wonderful city.

No comments:

Post a Comment