“I have an affection for a great city. I feel safe in the neighborhood of man, and enjoy the sweet security of the streets." -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Monday, February 22, 2010

If the shoe fits.... hopefully it is a leopard print stiletto




So I must admit it.
I LOVE
to
shop.
I love clothes, and I especially ESPECIALLY love shoes. Some of you might think, "Hey you are in ministry isn't that loving material possessions?" Yep, and I do not apologize. I mean, come on, I am a 27 year old girl who has always found Saks Fifth Avenue to be a haven of beauty. My love of clothes started a quite a young age... or so I am told. I do not remember a time when I did not care about the current style. In fact, one Easter I was given the task of designing my own easter dress which my mother would wonderfully make. Well, this "designer dress" ended up consisting of hot pink and green flowered material, a princes waist, puffy sleeves, and the fullest skirt imaginable. Not, the typical french hand-sewn dress which was my typical Easter outfit. It was 1990 and that dress was exactly what I wanted.

This love of fashion has continued on into my life... It can be found both in my social world and the world of ministry within the church. This past Sunday I was told to wear "extra special shoes." Why? My shoes were mentioned in a puppet skit. Fabulous! I wore leopard print, Cole Hann, stilettos that I got four $30 at TJMaxx in Buckhead! AWESOME! The little girls loved it! Maybe I am inspiring some future fashionable clergywomen!




No comments:

Post a Comment