“I have an affection for a great city. I feel safe in the neighborhood of man, and enjoy the sweet security of the streets." -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Adventure

Ok, you probably do not want to get me started on books that talk about only men needing adventure. There are plenty out there, but in my humble opinion, adventure is something that we all crave. It is something that we need. It is the reason we go to the lake for the weekend and try our hand at fishing or travel to Europe. We need the bustle of city streets or the challenge of swimming across Blue Lake. We need adventure in its various forms, fashions, challenges, failures, and rewards. Adventure is the reason people start their own business, renovate their homes, or move to new places. Recently I have been craving this adventure. I am not sure if I need to take off for a camping trip for the weekend or go to the city. You would think my recent trips to Boston and NYC would suffice, but no. It is the process. It is the craving we have in our inner being to transform and explore. So, all people need adventure. Not just men. Not just women. All of us. I would like to think it is a way we have been created.

No comments:

Post a Comment